Thursday, February 23, 2012

THE FENCE (6 of 13)

Author: John Michael Cummings
Genre: Short Story Collection
Published: Ugly to Start With, 2011
Personal Rating: 4/5 (very good)
Format: eBook
(ss) Yearly Count: 6


Jason wants a break from working on the property, so he asks to go see his friend (girl) that lives nearby.

I've realized that my lack of enthusiasm with these stories has everything to do with my inability to relate to these people. Sometimes, okay - most of the time, I just don't understand their thought process. However, there was an unexpected turn in this story that had me intrigued, and I thought the ending sent quite a message.


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had another good one from this collection! I may read a SS collection this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staci ~ I hope you do and enjoy it! I might not rate individual stories very high, but I love short stories. There is such a variety of collections as well. Some have connected stories, similar topics, variety of genres, single or multiple authors, etc. Have fun choosing!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!