Saturday, February 25, 2012

THE SCRATCHBOARD PROJECT (12 of 13)

Author: John Michael Cummings
Genre: Short Story Collection
Published: Ugly to Start With, 2011
Personal Rating: 3.5/5 (good)
Format: eBook
(ss) Yearly Count: 12


A school art project lands Jason in a neighboring black community.

This story opened the doors of another poor family. And, oddly enough, there were some bits and pieces (mainly the mention of clothing, hair and the general attitude) that I could relate to due to the fact that I work with many poor students. I enjoyed the descriptions and process of Jason's drawings.


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that there wasn't something that you could relate to in this one but it's too bad that it is a poor student.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staci ~ Unfortunately, I could relate. :( I work in a poverty-stricken district. I've been there for 3 years now and am still shocked at things I see and hear.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!