Monday, December 31, 2012

December Reads




Monthly - Yearly

Audiobooks:  5 - 71

Books:  4 - 17

eBooks:  0 - 19

New-to-Me Authors:  4 - 52

*Short Stories:  0 - 18





Final Thoughts on My Yearly Stats and General Reading Behavior of 2012:


* Read too many books I wasn't enjoying ~ Must stop that!

* Listened to twice as many books as I read (Books and eBooks) ~ Grateful for audiobooks!

* Read lots of new-to-me authors ~ It's amazing how many there are!

* Did terrible in my personal goal of reading 52 short stories ~ I just wasn't thrilled about the ones I read, so I wasn't encouraged.  Hopefully 2013 will be better.

* Didn't have an abundance of excellent reads (only 1), but have many very good + reads (10) ~ I decided 4.25/5 is really a fabulous rating, so I'm not sweating it.


   I've got my 2013 list of HOPEFULS ready!  (Yes, that's what I call them. They are just specialized TBR lists.)  This is my third year of doing a Hopefuls list, and it consists of two categories:  New-to-Me Authors and Authors to Revisit.  They both have approximately 12 authors/books on them (varies from year to year, but not by much), and I really try to focus on picking them up during the year.  They were chosen simply by my desire to read them, but seem to always get pushed aside.  Past years have left me somewhere around a 50% success rate.  That's not good enough, so I'm going to strive for more this year -- much more!  That's my only goal, other than reading my traditional 104 books and 52 short stories!

May 2013 bring you much happiness and reading pleasure!  Thanks for visiting!  :)      


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!