Sunday, December 23, 2012

THE TIME KEEPER

Author:  Mitch Albom
Genre:  Sci-Fi, Standalone
Published:  2012
Personal Rating:  1.5/5 (ugh)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Dan Stevens
Yearly Count:  105


From Amazon:
(All you would have gotten from me was, "It's the story of Father Time.")

The inventor of the world's first clock is punished for trying to measure God's greatest gift. He is banished to a cave for centuries and forced to listen to the voices of all who come after him seeking more days, more years. Eventually, with his soul nearly broken, Father Time is granted his freedom, along with a magical hourglass and a mission: a chance to redeem himself by teaching two earthly people the true meaning of time.

He returns to our world--now dominated by the hour-counting he so innocently began--and commences a journey with two unlikely partners: one a teenage girl who is about to give up on life, the other a wealthy old businessman who wants to live forever. To save himself, he must save them both. And stop the world to do so.

I was at the library the day after I saw this book being mentioned on Dr. Phil and happened to run across it.  Being that it was only 4 CDs, I decided I would give it a try while doing some housework.  Unfortunately that's all it did - assist me in my housework.  I wasn't even taken by the message.  Boo.

6 comments:

  1. My book club has picked this for next year and I'm dreading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good news is that it's a short book! :)

      Delete
  2. I remember reading Tuesdays With Morrie and sobbing at the end. I've never tried any of his other books and have had no desire to give this one a try.

    Hope you had a Merry Christmas, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed Tuesdays With Morrie, as well. I have read other books by Albom, but haven't been wowed.

      Christmas was wonderful. Hope yours was merry, too!

      Delete
  3. The "ugh" said it all!! I read his Morrie book and really enjoyed it but have never thought about reading any of his other ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staci ~ Timing prompted me to pick this one up.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!