Friday, July 19, 2013

KILLER AMBITION

Author:  Marcia Clark
Genre:  Legal Thriller, Rachel Knight #3
Published:  2013
Personal Rating:  4/5 (very good)
Format:  eBook
Yearly Count:  54


From NetGalley:
When the daughter of a billionaire Hollywood director is found murdered after what appears to be a kidnapping gone wrong, Los Angeles Special Trials prosecutor Rachel Knight and Detective Bailey Keller find themselves at the epicenter of a combustible and high-profile court case. Then a prime suspect is revealed to be one of Hollywood's most popular and powerful talent managers--and best friend to the victim's father. With the director vouching for the manager's innocence, the Hollywood media machine commences an all-out war designed to discredit both Rachel and her case. KILLER AMBITION is at once a thrilling ride through the darker side of Tinseltown and a stunning courtroom drama with the brilliant insider's perspective that Marcia Clark is uniquely qualified to give.

There was a lot more time in court this time around for Rachel Knight.  I enjoyed learning more about the day to day happenings and getting a realistic view of the system; however, I didn't 100% buy into the plot.  There were a few things that just didn't fly with me.  Despite those bits, I think Marcia Clark can write, and I enjoy her characters.

Another thing . . . I don't understand the cover of the book.  It's very deceptive, and I think it cheapens Clark's talent.






My thanks go to Little, Brown and Company (Mulholland Books) and NetGalley for providing me with this eGalley.

8 comments:

  1. I loved the first 2 books and can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonioin ~ I liked the first 2 better, but this was still a very good read. Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11:57 PM

    I finally picked up her first book of the series and now I need to find the time to read it. I was introduced to her at Bouchercon and was a little intimidated (nothing to do with her, it was all me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ LOL! With her background, I can see how intimidation can play a role.

      Delete
  3. I agree with you about the cover...cheesy! However, I do want to read her books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staci ~ It's a really good series. Clark knows her stuff!

      Delete
  4. I have this one to read, but admit I haven't read her other books. It sounds like a good one though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literary Feline ~ I liked the other two better. This one had a little different angle.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!