Friday, October 25, 2013

SOFT TARGETS

Author:  John Gilstrap
Genre:  Thriller (novella), Prequel to Jonathan Grave Series 
Published:  2013
Personal Rating:  2.75/5 (eh +)
Format:  eBook
Yearly Count:  87


From NetGalley:

Four children's lives hang in the balance. A vicious criminal is on the loose. With law enforcement at a dead end, there's only one man who can recover the hostages--Jonathan Grave.

FBI Special Agent Irene Rivers is horrified to learn that because of mistakes made by agents under her command, a murderer and child molester will walk free. When Irene's own daughters become the monster's next targets, she reaches out in desperation to an elite Special Forces operator. His name is Jonathan Grave. For Grave, results matter more than procedures. Together, they discover a new kind of justice--and a new breed of evil. . .

This is not my first Gilstrap book (loved Nathan's Run), but if it were, I wouldn't be impressed.  Being a novella might be the reason for the lack of depth and everything going so fast.  That caused me to not believe in the plot.  I'm hoping this knowledge of the characters will be useful background for when I enter into the Jonathan Graves series, but at the moment . . . I'm not so encouraged.





My thanks go to Kensington Books and NetGalley for providing me with this eGalley.

2 comments:

  1. That's disappointing. Hopefully having the background will be worth it when you get to the next book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literary Feline ~ Unfortunately I'm not in any hurry to get to the first book in the series because of this one. :(

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!