Sunday, November 10, 2013

PRACTICE PERFECT

Author:  Doug Lemov, Erica Woolway,
Katie Yezzi
Genre:  Non-Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2012
Personal Rating:  3/5 (just okay)
Format:  Book
Yearly Count:  92


The authors provide "42 rules for getting better at getting better."

 I read this for a school district book study and found it to be just okay.  A lot of the rules are geared towards the teaching profession, but certainly not limited to.   For me, the rules are common sense.  There wasn't anything that I hadn't heard before . . . except that during a tennis match there is no coaching/teaching allowed.  :)  Okay, so there may have been other little tidbits like that that I didn't know, but in general, I found this to be not very useful.  However, it has brought some thoughts or ideas back to the forefront of my mind, and that's a positive step I suppose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!