Friday, April 18, 2014

INDELIBLE

Author:  Karin Slaughter
Genre:  Thriller, Grant County Series #4
Published:  2004
Personal Rating:  3.5/5 (good)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Deborah Hazlett
Yearly Count:  32


Two stories unfold:  one from the past and one from the present.  The past story details the beginning of Jeffrey and Sara's relationship and the happenings when they give Jeffrey's hometown a visit.  The present consist of an invasion in the police station where guns are blazing.  

For many chapters, I wasn't comfortable going back and forth in the audio version.  It was abrupt, and  I was confused for a short bit every time there was a time change.  After a while, I adjusted, but I didn't like it throughout the book.  It would have been easier to read this one.  The actually story lines were both good, though.  I find Slaughter's writing to fall into my "go to" category of books.  They seem to always hold my interest, even when I don't think they are great novels (Grisham is another).

Thoughts of Joy
    

4 comments:

  1. I listened to one of her books and the narrator was bad so I didn't love it. I really need to give her work another chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ I would give her Will Trent series a try. He's a peculiar character.

      Delete
  2. I have yet to read anything by Slaughter, although my SIL keeps telling me I should. Might have to give her a try one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les ~ Hi! :) I agree with your SIL . . . you should! :) Like I mentioned to Bermudaonion (above), begin with the Will Trent series. Like most (if not all) series, they are not all fantastic, but I know I can count on a good read to say the least.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!