Wednesday, April 23, 2014

ME BEFORE YOU

Author:  Jojo Moyes
Genre:  Women's Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2012
Personal Rating:  4.25/5 (very good +)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/
Susan Lyons & Crew
Yearly Count:  33


Louisa Clark is hired by the mother of a paraplegic to assist with his needs for a 6 month stint. 

Me Before You.  Hmmm.  I think Jojo Moyes is a fantastic storyteller.  I was engaged the entire time and looked forward to getting back to it when I had to set it down.  However, I wasn't thrilled with the ending.  Yeah, I know, life doesn't have a great ending, but . . .   I am happy that I can finally talk about this book with the friends that I purchased it for, and, of course, look forward to more by this special author.  

Thoughts of Joy

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked this one. Me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tricia ~ Isn't she a great storyteller?

      Delete
  2. I loved this too and just sobbed at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ I didn't cry, but at one point I did get a little choked up.

      Delete
    2. I didn't cry either, but I did get choked up. I love her writing and am anxious to read more of her books. If you get a chance, read her blog posts from when she was touring in the U.S. She is a very funny person!

      Delete
    3. Les ~ Okey doke. I'll check it out.

      Delete
    4. Les ~ Thank you! I really enjoyed reading her blog posts. I actually chuckled out loud a few times. :) I also watched the video of Meet the Author, which was interesting. I look forward to reading more by her.

      Delete
  3. On my list to get to this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ This is a good one for that goal. :)

      Delete
  4. " I am happy that I can finally talk about this book with the friends that I purchased it for" -- glad I'm not the only one who buys books for people without having read them first! Absolutely agree that Moyes is a fantastic storyteller. I didn't think I was going to love this one but she pulled me right in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish ~ HA! Yes, I did buy it for 2 peeps without reading it. Of course, I prefaced it with "Now, I haven't read it, but EVERYBODY is raving about it, so you'll probably like it." Delivery is apparently very important! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!