Sunday, July 27, 2014

THE DUMBEST IDEA EVER!

Author:  Jimmy Gownley
Genre:  YA Graphic Novel Memoir, Standalone
Published:  2014
Personal Rating:  3/5 (just okay)
Format:  Book
Yearly Count:  54


Thirteen-year-old Jimmy goes through some growing pains as he discovers what is important to him.

This has received some high praise, but I just don't see it.  It's fine.  There's nothing necessarily wrong with it; however, I would have included some important steps of his path (i.e.:  actual advice for publishing).  I enjoyed the part when he ventures into defending the graphic novel genre.  The theory of any kind of reading is reading prevails.  I do have my own age appropriate umbrella over that theory, but that's just me.  My hope is that this book inspires young adults (and adults, too).

Thoughts of Joy

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:37 PM

    I'm put of touch, this is the first I've seen of this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ Don't worry about it. From my perspective, you're not missing much.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!