Monday, August 18, 2014

I AM THE MISSION

Author:  Allen Zadoff
Genre:  YA Thriller,
The Unknown Assassin Series #2
Published:  2014
Personal Rating:  3.75/5 (good +)
Format: eBook
Yearly Count:  57


From NetGalley:
He was the perfect assassin.

Boy Nobody: No name. No past. No remorse. At least until he began to ask questions and challenge his orders -- until he fell in love with his target. Now The Program is worried that its valuable soldier has become a liability.

Boy Nobody, haunted by the outcome of his last assignment, is given a new mission. A test of sorts. A chance to show his loyalty.

His objective: Take out Eugene Moore, the owner of a military training and indoctrination camp for teenagers. One target. Limited time frame. Public place. It sounds simple, but a previous operative couldn't do it. He lost the mission and is presumed dead. Boy Nobody is confident he can finish the job. Quickly.

But when things go awry, Boy Nobody finds himself lost in a mission where nothing is as it seems: not The Program, his allegiances, or the truth.

I still haven't bought into the "boy-assassin" concept.  It doesn't set well with me (not that adult-assassins do either!) and again, I would not want my teenagers reading it; however, I thought this one was better than the first.  Getting used to the idea may be part of it, but I was drawn into the storyline immediately and liked the twists and turns.  I do like the main character (Daniel in this book) and will pick up the next in the series.

Thoughts of Joy

My thanks go to Little, Brown Books for Young Readers and NetGalley for providing me with this eGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!