Tuesday, August 26, 2014

THE 500

Author:  Matthew Quirk
Genre:  Political Thriller, Mike Ford Series #1
Published:  2012
Personal Rating:  2.5/5 (eh)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Jay Snyder
Yearly Count:  59


From Amazon:
(no longer available from NetGalley)
A year ago, fresh out of Harvard Law School, Mike Ford landed his dream job at the Davies Group, Washington's most powerful consulting firm. Now, he's staring down the barrel of a gun, pursued by two of the world's most dangerous men. To get out, he'll have to do all the things he thought he'd never do again: lie, cheat, steal-and this time, maybe even kill.

Mike grew up in a world of small-stakes con men, learning lessons at his father's knee. His hard-won success in college and law school was his ticket out. As the Davies Group's rising star, he rubs shoulders with "The 500," the elite men and women who really run Washington -- and the world. But peddling influence, he soon learns, is familiar work: even with a pedigree, a con is still a con.

I did not know this was a political thriller.  I thought it was a legal thriller.  BIG difference in my book.  Unfortunately, I did not like the first 1/3 at all.  I was bored.  It picked up steam, and I became somewhat interested in the last half.  I know several people who would like this book and have encouraged them to give it a try.  I'm just not interested in listening to politics and/or business ventures.  

Thoughts of Joy

My thanks go to Little, Brown and Company and NetGalley for providing me with this eGalley.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!