Saturday, May 16, 2015

TINY BEAUTIFUL THINGS

Author:  Cheryl Strayed
Genre:  Non-Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2012
Personal Rating:  4/5 (very good)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Cheryl Strayed
Yearly Count:  28


This is a collection of letters that were responded to by advice columnist Sugar.

I have conflicting feelings about this book, but I am ending with a "very good" rating.  The letters and responses definitely kept my attention, but I cringed at the language and crude way this woman talked.  It just wasn't for me.  I will keep my opinions to myself regarding her advice.  :)

Thoughts of Joy
    

3 comments:

  1. I'm not one to shy away from language (ahem), but I hated the way that she threw around the F word, especially in regard to sx. Made me cringe every time as well. Glad you liked it in spite of that--I didn't always agree with her advice, but this one still touched me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish ~ I did enjoy it, but it didn't sit well with me from the beginning. Did you see my thoughts on Oprah's book, What I Know For Sure?

      Delete
    2. Just read through your post. Interesting connections and contrasts! I can see your point.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!