Monday, July 20, 2015

LITTLE BLACK LIES

Author:  Sharon Bolton
Genre:  Psychological Thriller, Standalone
Published:  2015
Personal Rating:  4/5 (very good)
Format:  eBook
Yearly Count:  41


From NetGalley:
In such a small community as the Falkland Islands, a missing child is unheard of. In such a dangerous landscape it can only be a terrible tragedy, surely...

When another child goes missing, and then a third, it's no longer possible to believe that their deaths were accidental, and the villagers must admit that there is a murderer among them. Even Catrin Quinn, a damaged woman living a reclusive life after the accidental deaths of her own two sons a few years ago, gets involved in the searches and the speculation.

And suddenly, in this wild and beautiful place that generations have called home, no one feels safe and the hysteria begins to rise.

But three islanders--Catrin, her childhood best friend, Rachel, and her ex-lover Callum--are hiding terrible secrets. And they have two things in common: all three of them are grieving, and none of them trust anyone, not even themselves.

Hooray! I finally read a book by Sharon Bolton (aka S. J. Bolton) and am encouraged to pick up others by her.  I was completely invested in Little Black Lies and had no clue as to what was to come.  At times, it was a little too descriptive for me; therefore, it didn't receive a 4.25/5 rating, but it was close.  Good stuff.  Very good stuff!  :)

Thoughts of Joy
      
My thanks go to Minotaur Books and NetGalley for providing me with this eGalley.

6 comments:

  1. I'll have to look for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! A win for you. You really have to read the Lacey Flint books. Read them in order. And have you read anything by Jane Casey? In order. Or Nicci French's Frieda Klein books? In order. I have the new Linda Castillo book on my Kindle. Am saving it for a bit, but will get to it soon. I also have this one on my Kindle and have heard it is one of her best, if not the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay ~ I'm not sure what books of the Lacey Flint series I have, but I will make sure I start at the beginning. I know I have the first by Casey. I've been keeping up with the French and Castillo series since they began. They are both favorites. I don't have either of their latest, though (Thursday & Storm). YET! :)

      Delete
    2. Kay ~ I just looked, and I have the first in the Flint series. :) I have two other standalones by Bolton, as well.

      Delete
    3. Well, you are all set then. And I do hope you enjoy them. If not, I tried. LOL

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!