Friday, September 04, 2015

IGNITING A PASSION FOR READING

Author:  Steven L. Layne
Genre:  Non-Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2009
Personal Rating:  4.5/5 (excellent)
Format:  Book
Yearly Count:  50


Steven Layne shares his thoughts and ideas (tried and true) on how to "ignite a passion for reading" in K-12 classrooms.  

At the moment, I don't remember anything bright and shiny NEW, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book anyway!  I loved the stories shared and the bit of humor thrown in from the author, as well.  It's not a 5/5 only because I don't buy into all his ideas 100%, but that's good!  We each have our own spin on how to teach and can make adjustments to suggestions to fit the needs of our students.  It has great reminders and is an encouraging book.

Thoughts of Joy
      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!