Saturday, May 07, 2016

ORPHAN X

Author:  Gregg Hurwitz
Genre:  Thriller, Evan Smoak Series #1
Published:  2016
Personal Rating:  4/5 (very good)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Scott Brick
Yearly Count:  28


Evan was raised by the government in the Orphan Program to become an assassin.  After breaking ties, Evan transitions into the Nowhere Man.  Using his skills, he does everything possible to protect an individual who is in dire need of assistance.

What stands out to me most about this book was the narrator . . . Scott Brick.  The man can read!  He was perfect.  :)  I really enjoyed MOST of the book.  Towards the end, the action began to be too much for me, so I started to tune out.  It's perfect for the movie screen, though.

Also, it did remind me of the YA Unknown Assassin Series (Zadoff).

Thoughts of Joy

2 comments:

  1. Scott Brick is a great narrator and can elevate most stories :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!