Thursday, October 13, 2016

DON'T YOU CRY

Author:  Mary Kubica
Genre:  Suspence, Standalone
Published:  2016
Personal Rating:  3/5 (just okay)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/
Kate Rudd & Kirby Heyborne
Yearly Count:  60


From NetGalley:
In downtown Chicago, a young woman named Esther Vaughan disappears from her apartment without a trace. A haunting letter addressed to My Dearest is found among her possessions, leaving her friend and roommate Quinn Collins to wonder where Esther is and whether or not she's the person Quinn thought she knew.

Meanwhile, in a small Michigan harbor town an hour outside Chicago, a mysterious woman appears in the quiet coffee shop where eighteen-year-old Alex Gallo works as a dishwasher. He is immediately drawn to her charm and beauty, but what starts as an innocent crush quickly spirals into something far more dark and sinister than he ever expected.

As Quinn searches for answers about Esther, and Alex is drawn further under Pearl's spell, master of suspense Mary Kubica takes readers on a taut and twisted thrill ride that builds to a stunning conclusion and shows that no matter how fast and far we run, the past always catches up with us in the end.

Funny how this goes.  I was really enjoying the slow build up -- my interest piqued for sure, but by the time I got to the last 1/4 (maybe 1/3) it all fell to pieces.  I didn't like anything about the revealing through to the conclusion.  MEANWHILE, other people hated the beginning and loved the ending.  How does that happen?!  LOL

I'll still be on the lookout for more by Kubica, because I enjoyed Pretty BabyThe Good Girl.

Thoughts of Joy

My thanks go to Harlequin and NetGalley for providing me with the eGalley.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hate it when the ending fizzles out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ The odd part is that others loved it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!