Saturday, June 17, 2017

WHAT WAS MINE

Author:  Helen Ross Klein
Genre:  Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2016
Personal Rating:  3.75/5 (good +)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Various
Yearly Count:  26


From NetGalley:
Lucy Wakefield is a seemingly ordinary woman who does something extraordinary in a desperate moment: she takes a baby girl from a shopping cart and raises her as her own. It’s a secret she manages to keep for over two decades—from her daughter, the babysitter who helped raise her, family, coworkers, and friends.

When Lucy’s now-grown daughter Mia discovers the devastating truth of her origins, she is overwhelmed by confusion and anger and determines not to speak again to the mother who raised her. She reaches out to her birth mother for a tearful reunion, and Lucy is forced to flee to China to avoid prosecution. What follows is a ripple effect that alters the lives of many and challenges our understanding of the very meaning of motherhood.

After being engaged throughout the entire book, the ending left me incredibly unsatisfied.  I didn't even particularly like any of the characters, but I wanted to listen every chance I got.  Such a disappointing way to end a good experience.  :(

Thoughts of Joy

My thanks go to Gallery Books and NetGalley for providing me with the eGalley.

  

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hate it when a book ends that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this one and wondering how it would end it what kept me reading. It was strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacybuckeye ~ I suppose that's what happened to me. :(

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!