Friday, June 30, 2023

June Reads



33.  Don't Go Down There (Modglin) ~ 3/5 (just okay), audiobook, thriller

There weren't very many twists and turns, but I still thought it was an okay listen.  I wanted to know what was going to happen.  6-2-23



34.  The Last Word (Adams) ~ 3.75/5 (good +), book, thriller

I loved the premise of this book - absolutely loved it.  However, I guessed a part of the story, which isn't that big of a deal, but it did lessen the fun.  There was a scene that not only shocked me, but made me temporarily not like the book.  It was just too gruesome for me.  I, also, had to suspend my disbelief a bit too much, but I loved the suspense.  6-18-23



35.  Love and Other Words (Lauren) ~ 3.25/5 (just okay +), book, romance

     I gave this one a .25 higher simply because I did want to continue reading it.  I found many plot points that didn't work for me.  I understand that it's fiction and not a memoir, but there were so many unrealistic scenarios that I couldn't buy in to this coming-of-age story.  6-20-23



36.  Take Your Breath Away (Barclay) ~ 3.5/5 (good), audiobook, mystery

Barclay has been a comfort read for me and this was no different.  It was easy listening and enjoyable.
6-23-23



37.  The Appeal (Hallett) ~ 2/5 (not enjoyable), book, fiction

This should have been a DNF.  By the time I reached 50% - nothing happened, and I was bored.  The last 1/4 was better.  Generally, I love epistolary writing, but that became too much when there were so many characters.  6-26-23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!