Saturday, April 06, 2024

April Reads


 

DNF - The Whistler (Grisham) ~ Audiobook, Thriller

Eek!  Grisham is one of my favorite authors; however, this one just did not capture my attention.  4-1-24



28.  The Love Hypothesis (Hazelwood) ~ 3.25/5 (just okay +), Audiobook, Romance

The story was okay, and the romance wasn't so bad.  Everything was just okay.  Not sure what all the hype was about.  ???  4-3-24



29.  Sidetracked (Abby) ~ 3/5 (just okay), Audiobook, Thriller, #2 in Series 

It has been quite awhile since I read the first book in this 5 book series, so it took me a minute to catch up to the storyline.  I'll keep listening, but so far it's just been okay.  4-6-24 



30.  Counting the Cost (Duggar) ~ 3.25/5 (just okay +), Audiobook, Memoir

I didn't know what to expect from this book, but it turned out to be fine.  Nothing new.  I do think Jill did a good job in explaining her side.  4-7-24



31.  Scarlet Angel (Abby) ~ 3/5 (just okay), Audiobook, Thriller, #3 in Series

Eek!  This one had more background and graphic content.  I'm going to finish the series, but I'm not really enjoying it.  4-9-24



DNF - The 7 1/2 Lives of Evelyn Hardcastle (Turton) ~ Audiobook, Mystery

This was incredibly slow and boring.



32.  All the Lies (Abby) ~ 3.25/5 (just okay +), Audiobook, Thriller, #4 in Series

I can appreciate the revenge trope, but I didn't care for the graphic torture.  4-12-24



 33.  Paint it All Red (Abby) ~ 3/5 (just okay), Audiobook, Thriller, #5 in Series

It was a good wrap-up, but overall ... just an okay series.  I'm definitely an outlier.  4-15-24



34.  Forsaken Country (Eskens) ~ 4.25/5 (very good +), eBook, Mystery/Thriller, NetGalley

I am so glad that I have more books by Eskens on my TBR Shelves.  All three books I have read by him have all be in the 4s!  His writing grips me every time.  I feel like I'm there, I care for the characters, and I want to know what's going to happen.  So good.  4-17-24



35.  Alone With You in the Ether (Blake) ~ 2.5/5 (eh), Audiobook, Romance

I enjoyed the first half more than the second.  Read it only because of the hype.  4-19-24



36.  The Woman in Me (Spears) ~ 3.75/5 (good +), Audiobook, Memoir

I haven't followed Britney, other than what I have seen in the media, so this was an eye opener.  She did a good job telling her story.  4-24-24



DNF - The Book of Doors (Brown) ~ eBook, Fantasy, NetGalley

This sounded intriguing, but I just couldn't get into it.




TO BE CONTINUED . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!