Wednesday, July 31, 2024

July Reads



55.  The Women (Hannah) ~ 3.5/5 (good), Audiobook, Historical Fiction

I almost DNF'd this book at 25%.  I just wasn't into it.  As I was working on something, I sped up the audio a little bit and let it keep playing.  Eventually, I became more invested and wanted to continue.  This ended up being a decent read/listen.  7-6-24



56.  Lovely War (Berry) ~ 2.5/5 (eh), Audiobook, Historical Fiction

This was slow moving, and even though the mythology spin made it uniquely told, that's what I disliked the most!  Overall, I didn't really care for it.  Maybe two war books in a row didn't help.  ???  7-9-24



57.  My Husband (Ventura) ~ 4/5 (very good), Book, Fiction

Wow.  This was very good.  However, I admit that there was a time when I was getting bored.  I had enough of the same rhetoric.  Thankfully, it did pick up, and I couldn't put it down.  The ending didn't disappoint!  7-10-24



58.  The Stranger (Modglin) ~ 2.75/5 (eh +), Audiobook, Thriller

I was interested and curious at first, then guessed a major part towards the end.  Other than that, not much else to say.
7-12-24  



59.  The Next Mrs. Parrish (Constantine) ~ 2.75/5 (eh +), Audiobook, Thriller

Too many ridiculous decisions made, and I had had enough of at least one character.  7-14-24



60.  The Roommate (Modglin) ~ 3/5 (just okay), Audiobook, Thriller

This was very predictable, but kept my mind occupied for a bit while doing mundane chores.  7-16-24



61.  The Maid's Diary (White) ~ 3.5/5 (good), eBook, Thriller

Once I became privy to one thing, then I knew the huge plot twist.  That was fine, but there was another plot twist that I simply didn't understand, which lowered my enjoyment/rating.  I may have missed something, I don't know.  I will definitely pick up another one of her books.  7-18-24



62.  The Good Wife (Rogers) ~ 3.75/5 (good +), Audiobook, Thriller

I have read many domestic thrillers with similar plots.  This one, though, was filled with a lot of bedroom scenes that I did not expect nor did I like.  I would have rated it higher if not for that.  The ending was no surprise.  I guessed it all, but still enjoyed it.  7-24-24



63.  Bright Young Women (Knoll) ~ 2.5/5 (eh), Audiobook, Thriller

My greatest complaint about this book was that it was a compilation of implied fact and fiction.  There were many times when I wanted to know the actual truth, so that made it frustrating to me.  7-30-24


2 comments:

  1. Wow, you had a great month! I felt the same about The Women as you did, I think. Not her best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been enthralled with any of her books. They're fine, just not a preferred genre. Their length is usually rather long, as well, so that's also a deterrent for me.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!