Saturday, August 31, 2024

August Reads



64.  Gone Tonight (Pekkanen) ~ 4/5 (very good), Audiobook, Thriller

I listened to about 50%, then had to put it on hold for a week.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to continue with the momentum I started with, but fortunately, I was able to get right back into it.  The plot kept me interested.  8-10-24



DNF ~ When No One is Watching (Cole) ~ Audiobook, Thriller

I listened up to 17% and wasn't interested in the least.  8-13-24



65.  Mr. Mercedes (King) ~ 3.75/5 (good +), Audiobook, Thriller

This kept me engaged the whole way through.  It was good.
8-16-24



66.  The Unraveling (Keeland) ~ 4.25/5 (very good +), eBook, Thriller, NetGalley

After reading this, I searched to see if Keeland had written any more books.  After seeing her extensive backlist, a few scenes made more sense!  She's a romance writer.  I will definitely pick up her books if she writes more in THIS (thriller) genre.  This was a very good read.  I didn't want to put it down.  8-16-24



67.  The Quiet Tenant (Michallon) ~ 3.5/5 (good), Audiobook, Thriller

It kept my interest, but there was nothing really unique done with the trope.  I didn't buy in 100%, but still enjoyed it.  8-20-24



68.  My Dark Vanessa (Russell) ~ 4.25/5 (very good +), Audiobook, Fiction

Oh my.  This was a difficult read.  It felt so real, which created many thoughts and feelings to decipher.  This is definitely a book that can spur deep conversations.  8-26-24



69.  The Collected Regrets of Clover (Brammer) ~ 3/5 (just okay), Audiobook, Fiction

I found this to be a bit boring.  It picked up in the last 1/4, so that helped my overall enjoyment.  I know it's not the book, though.  It's just a preference issue.  8-30-24


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!