Monday, September 23, 2024

September Reads




70.  Beach Read (Henry) ~ 2.5/5 (eh), Book, Chick Lit

There were slivers of scenes I enjoyed, but overall it was boring.  I liked Book Lovers more, but Henry simply may not be the author for me.  9-1-24


71.  Lessons in Chemistry (Garmus) ~ 2.5/5 (eh), Audiobook, Fiction

I appreciated the message in this book, so I can understand why people really like it, but there was more that I didn't like.  I didn't like any of the characters, I don't like personification, so I didn't like any of the dog scenes, and in general, it felt exaggerated.  Oh well.  9-6-24



72.  Tomorrow, Tomorrow and Tomorrow (Zevin) ~ 1.5/5 (ugh), Audiobook, Fiction

I should have marked this as a DNF, so 1.5/5 is generous.  Boring, Boring and Boring.  9-12-24



73.  Seven Days in June (Williams) ~ 2.75/5 (eh +), Audiobook, Fiction

Hmmm.  This would have been a 3/5 (just okay), but the tipping point was the daughter.  Had I read it with my eyes, maybe I would have a different opinion.  Also, there was an abundance of very important topics that made it difficult for me to buy into it all.  I did want to know the outcome, though.  9-15-24



74.  The Leftover Woman (Kwok) ~ 2.75/5 (eh), Audiobook, Fiction

I would not consider this a thriller.  The timeline seemed a bit jumbled, and there were some ridiculous aspects to the storyline.  9-18-24



75.  The Overnight Guest (Gudenkauf) ~ 3/5 (just okay), Audiobook, Thriller

This had two timelines and many more coincidences.  I didn't care for the main character, but was generally interested to know the conclusion.  Suspension of disbelief was required. 
9-29-24



76.  The Summer of Yes (Walsh) ~ 2.5/5 (eh), eBook, Chick Lit, NetGalley

This was so incredibly predictable.  It definitely was a typical, light chick lit story.  9-23-24



77.  The Fury (Michaelides) ~ 3.75/5 (good +), Audiobook, Mystery

I really enjoyed the unique way in which this was told.  It kept my interest.  9-24-24



TO BE CONTINUED . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!