Sunday, May 20, 2007

Chunkster Challenge & TBR Challenge

LYING WITH STRANGERS
James Grippando
Personal Rating: 3/5
Yearly Count: 37




Well, I can't seem to allow myself to rate this any higher, even though I want to. It was a read that kept my interest, yet annoyed me more. The plot had a good foundation, but there was much too much miscommunication, assumptions, and just plain silliness on the part of so-called adults. It was consistent throughout the book.

I have to say that I did want to continue reading, so Grippando had a "grip" on me one way or another. (Sorry, couldn't resist the pun.) Although, I couldn't tell you exactly what that was. The characters consisted of rising lawyers and doctors, and the plot involved infidelity and chatrooms, all of which were realistic. Maybe that was the draw, I'm not sure. ???

I received this book from Bookfool (see "Recommended By" below) and believe we are actually on the same page, yet she rated it higher than me. I truly believe ratings are not just based on genre, but frame of mind and expectations.


*Recommended By:
Bookfoolery and Babble

4 comments:

  1. I agree - our final feelings about a book so often depend on our frame of mind or other circumstances when we read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booklogged ~ There have been times when I wished I read a book earlier in my life because I know that I would have enjoyed it more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked and gave it a 5/5. lol Oh well everyone has their opinion for a reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lover of Books ~ I'm glad you liked it. I'm going to come for a visit to see what you said. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!