Tuesday, January 15, 2008

THIRTEEN REASONS WHY

Jay Asher
Genre: YA Fiction
Published: 2007
Personal Rating: 4/5
Yearly Count: 8



This was, without a doubt, a page-turning debut novel and an extremely creative and deep endeavor by Jay Asher. While the storyline of suicide is heart-wrenching, Asher delivers it in a way to help teens (and adults alike) to understand the process and influence we all have in contaminating or contributing to someone else's well-being.

The story of Hannah Baker personifies my thoughts in the blog header: "Words can and do change lives." It also depicts how our actions or lack thereof affect others and ourselves. It's quite a powerful, enticing book, leaving me with much to mull over. I most enjoyed Asher's creativity and plot, which encourages me to watch for this author's name in the future.

10 comments:

  1. I've really been looking forward to getting my hands on this one...glad to hear you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debi ~ Asher did a very good job. I really enjoyed the uniqueness. My guess is that you'll like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always find the most interesting books. This one really bears looking into. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Framed ~ It's a YA book and a worthy read. I found this when I was looking for YA books for the challenge. Glad I found it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll check this one out... great blog, you are one tough reveiwer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JK ~ Thank you on both accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I've been wanting to read this! I might have to go pick it up! Glad to hear you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie ~ It is definitely worth reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i read this last weekend. i thought it was just as good as everyone says! you've summarized the feeling of the book very well. i hope it's okay that i've linked my review to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alison ~ No problem. I'm glad you liked it so well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!