Tuesday, April 15, 2008

THE X'ED-OUT X-RAY

Ron Roy
Genre: Children
Published: 2005
Personal Rating: 4/5




A group of three friends go to a concert in the park. One of them gets injured and the singer is robbed of her diamond necklace. The kids gather clues to find the missing necklace.

For a children's book (reading level 2.7), this was pretty good. The plot was laid out nicely and there were many suspects to consider. It could bring about great discussions in a book group. I think this series (A to Z Mysteries) would be a great introduction to the mystery genre and a fun read for young mystery lovers.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked this! I'd picked up one of this series from a thrift shop for my 7yo but hadn't read any so didn't know if it would be any good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter really enjoyed these when she was younger, but I never tried any of them myself. Perhaps I should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicola ~ I liked it! :) There was nothing fancy about it, but it was a good little mystery for children to gather the clues along with the friends in the book.

    Debi ~ I specifically read it for its "X" Title. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!