Monday, November 17, 2008

ISOLATION

Author:  Travis Thrasher
Genre:  Christian Suspense
Published:  2008
Personal Rating:  2.75/5
Yearly Count:  148 



The Miller family arrives back in Chicago after a stressful (to say the least) missionary trip to Papua New Guinea.  Soon after their return, they decide to take a break and go to an expansive lodge in the mountains of North Carolina, for some rest and relaxation.  The lodge holds secrets and the Miller's become forced to meet them head-on when a snow storm isolates them from the community.

When I saw that this book was categorized as a Christian horror novel, I had to read it - especially being that the author, Thrasher, was new-to-me and has a good reputation.  Thrasher did create a suspenseful story with some horrific scenes, but the amount of thoughts that each character expressed to the reader were redundant and took away from the power of their actions.  I did not care for the ending either, so it has left me a bit unsatisfied.


Isolation was released in September, 2008.

Thank you, Miriam, from Hachette Book Group USA for sending me a copy of this book.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, a Christian Horror novel. Sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary ~ That's what caught my attention! Amazon reviewers rate this extremely high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What caught my attention was the cover - I love it.

    Hmm, too bad it didn't live up to your expectations. I do have it on my wish list but am not rushing to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iliana ~ I liked the cover, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!