Sunday, April 05, 2009

PROMINENT COUPLE SLAIN (3 of 6)

Author: William R. Potter
Genre: Short Story/Novella, Collection
Published: Lighting the Dark Side, 2008
Personal Rating: 3.75/5
(ss) Yearly Count: 11



A married couple were found with deadly, gunshot wounds to the head in the home of an employee. It's a case of why are they there, why are they dead, and who did it?

In general, this story was a very good police procedural; however, as good as the writing was, there was no plot twist or surprise or anything that left me feeling wowed. "Wowing" is not necessary, I suppose, but I certainly would have enjoyed it a whole lot more if I had been shocked at the end.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:19 PM

    Joy, I'm so impressed with your posting on this collection. I'm glad that you're enjoying it.

    Jessica @ The Bluestocking Society

    ReplyDelete
  2. TheBlueStockingSociety ~ I did tell you that I would read and review - so here I am! :) And, thus far, it's been a good experience. I'm looking forward to the new one coming, too! I feel like I have a personal supplier of short story collections. *big grin* Thank you, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!