Friday, October 30, 2009

THE MAN WHO KNEW DYLAN (5 of 13)

Author: William Gay
Genre: Short Story Collection
Published: I Hate to See That Evening Sun Go Down, 2002
Personal Rating: 3/5 (just okay)
(ss) Yearly Count: 52


A television salesman with a lost dream seems to just go wherever the wind blows.

That's a very poor description and probably not as accurate as it could be, but that's all I got. I'm used to Gay's dreary tone now, and my mind's eye gets filled with pictures from his words; however, with this one - I didn't get invested, so it left me with a just okay feeling. The ending was interesting, but still - just okay.

2 comments:

  1. 8 more to go and I hope they're better than this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci ~ I'll finish the book, but I'm a little disappointed. I have to look at the stories in a different way if I'm going to enjoy them, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!