Friday, October 30, 2009

BODY BAGS

Author: Christopher Golden
Genre: YA Medical Thriller, Series #1
Published: 1999
Personal Rating: 3.5/5 (good)
Yearly Count: 130



Jenna Blake's first days as a freshman in college include some unexpected events. As she begins to get acclimated to college life, she decides to apply for a job with a medical examiner to determine if it would be a good career choice.

I loved reliving the first days of college with Jenna, and I'm glad I didn't personally experience a professor dropping over dead in class! Most of the characters Jenna encounters were realistic, but the plot - not so much. However, once Jenna applies for the job, the action begins and doesn't let up. It's a good, fast read.

7 comments:

  1. The book doesn't sound bad, but I don't like the cover at all. It gives me the creeps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of this series. I think I had this book or the 2nd at one point but never read them. Does sound interesting. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series! I hope you'll read the rest of the books in the line. Jenna's a wonderful character, and I love the character development.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a series I'd enjoy. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:19 PM

    I'd love to relive the ol' college days.
    I see you've read 130 books. That's my goal for the year and I'm only at 113 right now. Gotta get to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As much as I love reading books about ME's and stuff like that I wonder if I could last a day actually working in one!? This one sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bermudaonion ~ Yeah, it's not that appealing is it? It's actually a poor representation of the book. Yes, it's about autopsies, etc., but . . .

    Nicola ~ Most people have responded to it with higher marks than I gave it. (not uncommon) Even though I didn't think the plot was stellar, it was good for a page-turner.

    Little Willow ~ I think I'll read the second eventually. I've seen very rave reviews for this series, so you are not alone. :)

    Alisonwonderland ~ It's good. I enjoyed it.

    Stacybuckeye ~ I loved college and it was fun being on Jenna's campus!!! :)

    Yep, 130 books (including audio and YA). My only goal for the past many, many years has been to literally READ 52 books. There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to read a book a week. AND, I made that goal during the month of October! :) Good luck to you in reaching your goal. It appears as if you'll make it. Happy Reading to you!

    Staci ~ Golden does a good job with Jenna's feeling regarding that very issue. Personally, I have NO desire to even think about giving it a try. I don't think it's gory - I'm just not into the medical field.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!