Wednesday, January 20, 2010

EVIL AT HEART

Author: Chelsea Cain
Genre: Thriller, Series #3
Published: 2009
Personal Rating: 3/5 (just okay)
Yearly Count: 4



Gretchen Lowell continues to haunt and torment the people of Portland, Oregon, so Archie Sheridan checks himself out of rehab to join in the hunt.

I was able to share the experience of listening to this book with my husband on a road-trip. We both have had very similar thoughts with the first two in this series, and we were no different with this one. Thankfully, it turned out to be better than the second, but I hope Cain is done with the Gretchen Lowell saga. I've had enough of her.

There was so much that I didn't care for in this book - the varied forms of bathroom talk, the ridiculous fan club idea, and some other minor plot glitches, that I'm surprised I ended up thinking it was an okay read. Needless to say, I did. Can't think of anything good to highlight, but I did.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, dear. I've been told this is a fantastic series for fans of Cody McFadyen. Looks like you only like the first in the series. I'll keep you posted on my thoughts once I get to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Les ~ Yep, in my opinion, the first was excellent, the second was awful and the third was okay. Not a good record. Cody has never disappointed me. With his deep character development and plots - he's tops on my list! I just love his writing style - period. I hope you enjoy the Cain books more than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually got in to all (3) of these books. All were audio versions and the reader was excellent. Sorry you were a bit disappointed in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane ~ I think the 2nd one really tainted my view overall. However, this one was okay. I'm really glad that you enjoyed them all, though. I just wish I did, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!