Tuesday, January 19, 2010

TOMORROW, WHEN THE WAR BEGAN

Author: John Marsden
Genre: YA Fiction, Series #1
Published: 1993
Personal Rating: 3.5/5 (good)
Yearly Count: 3



During a break from school, seven Australian students take a camping trip to the bush. After a fun and relaxing time, they come home to barren streets and homes. The only evidence of life is a few animals.

In general, I enjoyed this book. The characters represented a typical group of teenagers, and I liked Ellie, the narrator. The story line is what kept me intrigued, and I thoroughly liked the Australian setting, but it never panned out to be anything special. In the beginning when the friends are realizing that something is amiss, I questioned their low-keyed reactions. I think that set the tone for it to not be what I had expected.

2 comments:

  1. My husband just read this and enjoyed it, but hasn't wanted to run out and buy any more of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bermudaonion ~ I don't think I'll be reading any more. It was good, but there are too many other books that I'd like to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!