Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I CAN SEE YOU

Author: Karen Rose
Genre: Romantic Thriller, Standalone
Published: 2009
Personal Rating: 3.5 (good)
Yearly Count: 1!



Please Note: While being thankful for the opportunity to receive and listen to this audiobook, I feel the need to post the blurb from its cover. However, in my opinion there is usually too much disclosed. Read at your own discretion.


From the audiobox cover:

Eve Wilson's face was once scarred by a vicious assault. Terrified and ashamed, she escaped to the online realm, where she could choose the face she allowed people to see. Years later, her outer scars faded and inner scars buried. Eve has fought her way back to the real world and is determined to help other do the same. Now a graduate student moonlighting as a bartender, Eve researches the addictive powers of online communities. When her test subjects begin turning up dead as a result of apparent suicides, she doesn't know where to turn.

Homicide detective Noah Webster is one of the few people who believe the victims are connected murders. Eve becomes Noah's online guide and realizes that the handsome detective may have secret scars as painful as her own. As Eve and Noah chase a killer who is always one step ahead of then, together they try to overcome the tragedies of their pasts and learn to trust again, but they soon discover that danger is much closer than they think.



For those that love a romance novel with thriller components, this is a great choice. The romance genre isn't a favorite of mine, so as usual, I did experience a few eye-rolls. However, I don't believe the romance was overdone. What I did really enjoy was the story line and detective work. They were interesting and relevant to today's Internet usage.






My thanks go to Anna from Hachette Audio for providing me with this audiobook. I Can See You was published in August, 2009.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:38 AM

    I've read a few books by this author and think she writes a good romantic thriller. I don't mind romance now and then and have liked what I read by her so far. Haven't read this one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read a romantic thriller, but I have one of Rose's books, so I'll give it a try one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:24 AM

    I've got this one on my wish list. I love a romantic thriller as long as there are too many eye rolls ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the first book of the year!!! I was just wondering about where you were the other day, Joy. Nice to see your post : )
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay ~ Then, you'd most likely enjoy this one.

    Bermudaonion ~ I think this is her 10th novel, so she's creating quite a reputation. Based on that, I'm thinking you'll enjoy whatever one you have.

    Stacybuckeye ~ :) Scenes that romantic novels depict may be realistic, but when I read them, they sound ridiculous. This one only provoked a few eye-rolls though.

    Mary ~ Finally! I just haven't had the time to read or post. I really miss them both! However, I'm doing what I've been trained to do and feel like I'm giving back again. If there had to be a trade-off, this is a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!