Friday, September 17, 2010

WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON

Author: John Green & David Levithan
Genre: YA Fiction, Standalone
Published: 2010
Personal Rating: 3.5/5 (good)
Yearly Count: 84


Away from home, two sixteen-year-old boys discover that they have the same name. They both are trying to figure out and find their way in the world.

Most of the laugh-out-loud funny, interesting and deeper moments came in the first half for me. The second half focused more on a musical that a character was producing (supposed to be poignant), but I just didn't like it. Too bad the beginning didn't carry through to the end. I would have enjoyed it much more. This is about as good as it gets with me and Green. Good.

6 comments:

  1. The reviews for this book seem to be all over the place, so I'm not sure what to think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bermudaonion ~ I like Green's ability to be unique, but in the long run I haven't been thrilled with the plots. I still have An Abundance of Katherines on my TBR shelves, and I'm still interested, so that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was the opposite of you when reading this one (tho I think rating was same?). I didn't like the first half but loved the second half. This is my second Green--the first was Paper Towns, which I listened to our our bike trip--and I think I prefered Paper Towns.

    Which Green books have you read?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish ~ LOL Isn't that interesting? I listened to it, so I had to endure singing, as well. I don't sing when I'm reading, and it annoys me when narrators do.

    I listened to Looking For Alaska and Paper Towns. I rated them all 3.5/5 (good), and can see why others would love his work, but ultimately his work is not for me. I think he's clever, though. I loved the same name concept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this one yet, but my son did and wasn't over the moon with it like he has been with Green's other books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Staci ~ I haven't been "over the moon" with any of his work. Why do I keep reading them? Beats me. :) Actually, I like the humor he sprinkles in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!