Tuesday, July 26, 2011

VIRGIN RIVER

Author: Robyn Carr
Genre: Fiction, Virgin River Series #1
Published:  2007
Personal Rating: 3.5/5 (good)
Format: eBook
Yearly Count:  63


After the first anniversary of her husband's death, Mel makes the decision to sell everything and relocate to the mountains and use her nursing skills as a midwife. Change of scenery in all aspects is what she believes will give her peace and the chance to rebuild a life.

I finally relented (everybody seems to adore this series) and decided to read this book since I purchased the first 4 in this series as an eBook bundle.  With this first one done, I'm not so sure I'll be reading all 4, but I will definitely move on to #2 at some point.  I'd like to see what Mel and the town are doing.  

I thought Mel's choice to make such a radical change was bold, but exciting.  It was fun getting to know all the people in the small town alongside of her and for the most part, I enjoyed it.  I looked forward to picking it up; however, I would get my fill pretty quickly with only a chapter or two.  This type of book just isn't my cup of tea, especially with all the romping around.  So, thinking it was "good" is not-so-bad.


     

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I applaud you for stepping out of your comfort zone and trying this series. I'm pretty sure it would be one that I would enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staci ~ Probably!!! :) I'm glad I finally found out what everybody was talking about with this series.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!