Wednesday, October 04, 2017

ELEANOR OLIPHANT IS COMPLETELY FINE

Author:  Gail Honeyman
Genre:  Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2017
Personal Rating:  4/5 (very good)
Format/Narrator:  Audiobook/Cathleen McCarron
Yearly Count:  36


Eleanor is an awkward woman who holds onto a difficult childhood.  She meets a co-worker and the life she knows begins to change.

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would.  It didn't make me laugh, but it did remind me a little of a more uptight Rebecca Bloomwood (Shopaholic Series).  I "saw" people I know in real life that have had traits like Eleanor and actually wanted to help her at times.  However, other times, I felt it was a bit far-fetched that she didn't know or understand something.  The storyline was definitely stretched here and there.  Ultimately, I'm happy I listened to this book and was delighted that something surprised me.

Thoughts of Joy

4 comments:

  1. I liked this book a lot too even though someone ruined the ending for me before I read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bermudaonion ~ Oh, that's too bad. :( That was a nice surprise for me.

      Delete
  2. I'm coming to the end of this audio and I am really trying to drag it out. I don't want it to end! I didn't care too much for it at the beginning, but it wasn't long before I really came to care for Eleanor. I read a slight spoiler a few days ago and now, as I listen, I have a feeling I know what's coming. Nonetheless, it's turning out to be a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les ~ So glad you are enjoying this! It took me a minute, too. And, I'm so sad for the spoiler. That really is a bummer when that happens cuz that was a terrific surprise for me.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!