Saturday, January 26, 2019

HER ONE MISTAKE

Author:  Heidi Perks
Genre:  Fiction, Standalone
Published:  2019
Personal Rating:  4/5 (very good)
Format:  eBook
Yearly Count:  3



From NetGalley:
It all started at the school fair…

Charlotte was supposed to be looking after the children, and she swears she was. She only took her eyes off of them for one second. But when her three kids are all safe and sound at the school fair, and Alice, her best friend Harriet’s daughter, is nowhere to be found, Charlotte panics. Frantically searching everywhere, Charlotte knows she must find the courage to tell Harriet that her beloved only child is missing. And admit that she has only herself to blame.

Harriet, devastated by this unthinkable, unbearable loss, can no longer bring herself to speak to Charlotte again, much less trust her. Now more isolated than ever and struggling to keep her marriage afloat, Harriet believes nothing and no one. But as the police bear down on both women trying to piece together the puzzle of what happened to this little girl, dark secrets begin to surface—and Harriet discovers that confiding in Charlotte again may be the only thing that will reunite her with her daughter....

I enjoyed reading this, but knew from the start what a major twist would be, and I was right.  However, there were other little turns I didn't see coming.  I didn't connect with either of the main characters, but didn't need to.  My interest was piqued from the start and wanted to keep reading.  I'm definitely interested in more books by Perks.

Thoughts of Joy

My thanks go to Gallery Books and NetGalley for providing me with this eGalley.

2 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on this one too. Glad you liked it. Always nice to see an update from you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ... hello there! I found many comments that hadn't been published or responded to, so here I am. I hope all is well with you and yours! BTW - I don't remember this book at all!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!