Tuesday, January 31, 2023

January Reads

 



1.  The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue (Schwab) ~ 3/5 (just okay), book/audiobook, bookclub, fantasy

I probably would have really like this had it been a short story or novella.  It was WAY too long.  The writing itself was a bit wordy, and it took forever for the story to pick up.  It never really delivered, because I predicted the main plot line, so nothing was surprising.  Everything else was just okay.  1-4-23


2.  Never Fall Down (McCormick) ~ 3.75/5 (good +), audiobook, YA realistic fiction

This heart-wrenching story was told by a young boy who survives the torment of the Cambodian genocide.  It definitely gave a very clear picture of his horrific experience.  This was based on a true story.  1-8-23


3.  The Last Mrs. Parrish (Constantine) ~ 3.75/5 (good +), audiobook, domestic thriller

This was very similar to The Housemaid (McFadden), but didn't keep me as engaged.  1-22-23


4.  The Drift (Tudor) ~ 2/5 (not enjoyable), ebook, NetGalley, horror

I was incredibly excited to get to this arc.  Unfortunately, my first Tudor book was not a success.  I thought the writing was perfectly fine, but the whole plot was very bleak, and I simply didn't enjoy it.  It just wasn't for me.  Also, I never cared for the characters.  1-22-23


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!