Sunday, June 30, 2024

June Reads



46.  If He Had Been With Me (Nowlin) ~ 3/5 (just okay), Audiobook, YA Romance

A little slow and not very gripping, but it seemed a little more realistic than some other YA books I have read.  6-2-24



47.  Five Survive (Jackson) ~ 2.5/5 (eh), Audiobook, YA Thriller

Unfortunately, I didn't care for this one.  I think YA books are wearing thin for me.  6-7-24



48.  City of Books (Meier) ~ 2.5/5 (eh), Audiobook, Fiction, NetGalley

This was bland and boring sprinkled with a couple serious topics.  It had one addition that felt like it was inserted just to add another bend to the story.  There was nothing special about the characters either.  Sadly, I didn't care for it.  6-9-24



49.  Nightwatching (Sierra) ~ 4/5 (very good), Audiobook, Literary Suspense

I almost gave up on this book, because it was slow going!  I decided to continue while I was doing something else.  It didn't feel like a traditional thriller, but turned out to be very good.  Go into it as a literary suspense novel versus a thriller, and you'll enjoy it more.  6-11-24



50.  The Seven Year Slip (Poston) ~ 3.5/5 (good), Book, Magical Realism Romance, Book Club

The magical realism was a different twist for me.  I'm not too interested in that genre, but this was okay.  It had deeper concepts/themes to think on versus a simple romance.  I did like picking it up once I reached half way through.  6-15-24



51.  The Girl Who Was Taken (Donlea) ~ 2.5/5 (eh), Audiobook, Thriller

I'm not exactly sure why, but I never got into this one.  The beginning was a little difficult to get into, and it was slow and boring.  I guess I do know why.  6-16-24



52.  The Missing (Modglin) ~ 2.5/5 (eh), Audiobook, Thriller

Too many ridiculous choices and misinformation that could have been researched.  6-19-24



53.  Do Not Disturb (McFadden) ~ 2.75/5 (eh +), Audiobook, Thriller

Too much repetition, but it worked out fine for a road trip.
6-29-24



54.  Wait for Dark (Modglin) ~ 3/5 (just okay), Audiobook, Thriller

I predicted much of it, but it was fine.  Nothing special, but not bad either.  6-29-24

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!