Monday, July 31, 2006

"K" Title-Based A ~ Z Reads

THE KINDNESS OF STRANGERS
Katrina Kittle
Personal Rating: 3.5/5





Without an inkling as to what I may encounter in this book, I was truly shocked to discover the plot. In the beginning, I was quite intrigued and curious as to what was really happening, but as the pages flew by...time started to slow down. A magnifying glass was used to bring the raw emotions of the characters to the surface. They did come alive with that strategy, but I was still in "go" mode, so it fell short for me. I wanted to move on. Also, the symbolism and analogies were just too blatant. Those are the things that stood out to me, but I also believe the author did a wonderful job in tackling such a difficult topic. I believe she was respectful of her characters and kept them real, while giving me insight into an area I hope I never encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!