Thursday, July 27, 2006

"P" Title-Based A ~ Z Reads

THE PRIZE WINNER OF DEFIANCE, OHIO
Terry Ryan ~ BLBC
Personal Rating: 3.5/5






I would love to give this book a higher rating, but I just can’t. The circumstances surrounding the read of this book may be the culprit, but I will never know for sure. I read this book with a book club (BLBC) that only reads an allotted amount of pages per day and then has a daily discussion. For me and this book, that may not have been the best scenario. I did enjoy the story of Evelyn Ryan and her family, yet found some of it to be troublesome, preposterous or just plain ridiculous. Whether some of that was due to embellishment, confusion, or memory distortion, I don’t know, but I do know that I just didn’t care for those parts. However, I also found the story to be heartwarming. The ending left me in a state of peace and happiness. I sensed a feeling of success and pride from all the members of the Ryan family. What more can a mother ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!