Wednesday, August 23, 2006

"H" Title-Based A ~ Z Reads

THE HUSBAND
Dean Koontz
Personal Rating: 3.75/5





Okay...‘excellent’ beginning, ‘very good’ middle, ‘not enjoyable’ ending. After learning to appreciate Koontz’s talent for writing, I really anticipated more from this one. It had such great potential. While the twists and turns were quite interesting and my curiousity was piqued as to how the main character was going to resolve his dilemma, my expectations were not met in the finale. It actually had the feeling of a little boy’s imagination put to print, not the Koontz thriller writer I have come to love and respect. Overall, I enjoyed it and look forward to the release of BROTHER ODD in November.

4 comments:

  1. I was a little disappointed too. It felt familiar, yet different from something else he's written - maybe 'Velocity'. Which I really liked, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw that you've already read Velocity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished From the Corner of His Eye and was disappointed. I think Koontz is a hit & miss author. I loved Odd Thomas, but was disappointed with Forever Odd. I'm not getting my hopes up for Brother Odd, although I will cave in and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this book but it isnt one of my favorites by him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!