Monday, August 28, 2006

"Q" Title-Based A ~ Z Reads

THE QUEEN OF THE BIG TIME
Adriana Trigiani ~ BOiPod
Personal Rating: 4.5/5





What a charming, yet poignant story. I was drawn into this book a lot quicker than LUCIA, LUCIA, but also noted the abundance of similarities in the two books. Each story has its own unique qualities, but they are linked together by the Italian-American culture and small town living. I was able to identify with many of the characters due to their realistic development. These connections allowed me to experience a diversity of emotions right alongside them. I must say...quite a good read/listen. That reminds me, I want to give kudos to Cassandra Campbell the reader of both the books mentioned. She was a perfect fit.

2 comments:

  1. The cover of this book caused my stomach to turn just a bit. Last year for a book club we read 'The Red Hat Club' by Haywood Smith. I absolutely hated it. I know, the lady on this cover has on a purple hat, but there's all that red surrounding it - you can see how I made the connection, right?

    Your review made it sound like a book I'd enjoy. I'm just about finished listening to a book on CD, so if our library has this one, I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booklogged ~ LOL I read "you know what" (sparing you the pain) in 2004 and rated it a 3, so evidently I didn't dislike it as much as you. I know there's a sequel. What do ya think...you wanna give it a try? (smirk) Just makin' sure. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!