Sunday, August 06, 2006

"Y" Title-Based A ~ Z Reads

YOU REMIND ME OF ME
Dan Chaon
Personal Rating: 3.5/5





Thought-provoking. Over all, that’s how I’d describe this book. While I loved the author’s literary ability, I did not like his technique of traveling from the past to the present. Not to say that he did a poor job with it, quite the contrary; I just simply am not a fan of that writing style. The characters were all of an odd nature, yet Chaon’s gift with words in allowing us to enter into their personal worlds made them seem so “normal”. I really enjoyed this book and would have rated it higher if it were put in chronological order. ~GRIN~

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joy,

    I enjoyed your blog. I am an author of 6 books, 2 have been published. I was impressed with your reviews. You may not like my genre, however I thought I would contact you just in case you might be interested. My blog is: ptannerauthor.blogspot.com.

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia,

    Thank you for your kind words. I will look into your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Forgot to mention...you're welcome to stop by anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds good too. My TBR list is miles long and I keep adding to it. Oh well, I'll never get to them all, but the list provides me with ideas when I go to the library. I don't ever have to just browse the shelves anymore unless I want to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!