Sunday, February 11, 2007

DARKLY DREAMING DEXTER
Jeff Lindsay ~ BOiPod
Personal Rating: 3.75/5
Yearly Count: 10





This was definitely a disturbing display of drab, deranged devil-dominated demeanor and deeds, which drove decency and dignity down the drain while depravity danced in the dreaded drama.

I've been dealing with a dark debate (okay, okay...however, the alliteration is quite delightful) to decide whether or not I liked Dexter's diary of sorts, (sorry...I can't stop) despite the detestable and disgusting descriptions. My decision is dripping with doubt, but while I deeply disapprove of diabolical, distorted dispositions, I have to disclose that there is a degree of draw that drapes over me. Distressing. I do desire that Dexter develop depth as the 'decent driver', although I don't forget that his distinct design dictates differently.

I think this deserves a dozen "d" dialogs, don't you?


*Recommended By:
Blogging My Books (no review)

10 comments:

  1. You're too funny, Joy! Very clever! The Dexter books are very disturbing and yet there's something about them . . . Do you think you'll read the second book in the series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:03 PM

    Alliteration! Must. Not. Succumb..... Is this the series that the Showtime series is based on? I'm not normally a big fan of serial killers, fictional or no, but it does sound intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this review was Destined

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delight! Thanks for the smile, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:57 PM

    Love the Dexter novels. Love the Showtime series. I can't wait for the third book to come out in July. Oh yeah, I also love your alliteration, Joy. Extremely clever.

    I tried to write my response in alliteration but it kept getting eaten my internet monsters, so I gave up. Too bad, it was pretty good, if I do say so myself.

    By the way, (I know there is nothing you can do about it, but I thought I'd let you know), I can't seem to log in to leave my response, so I'm leaving it anonymously, but it's me...Kookiejar. Hey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy ~ Thank you. :)

    Literary Feline ~ Probably. That causes me some concern though. I really didn't like the yucky scenes. I wish he had more "Odd Thomas" qualities when he's not "Dark". I know, I know...then he wouldn't be Dexter. Actually, that really just helped me appreciate his character. See...this writing stuff out really helps us process our thoughts. Thanks, Feline.

    Carrie K. ~ I have heard that it is, but I've never watched it.

    Suzi ~ I think I liked it more than you thought I would; however, you do know my reading tastes rather well. :)

    Nyssaneala ~ You're welcome. :)

    Kookie ~ I'm glad you were persistent in getting a comment through. I appreciate it. And too bad I missed out on your alliteration piece. If you get the urge...don't hesitate to try again.

    In general, I don't take much time in writing out my thoughts and like the rest, this one just literally poured out. Nothing profound, just fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely desirable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:58 AM

    It's me, Kookiejar again. Why won't they let me log on here (I don't have this problem anywhere else) :( Anyways, how's this:

    Despite Dexter's dark & deviant deeds he deserves deep devotion dignifying his distinctly delightful disposition.

    Yes, I depended on my handy thesaurus. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Les ~ Thanks for playing! :)

    Kookie ~ I beg to "differ" on the "delightful disposition". :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!