Sunday, April 22, 2007

WHAT GREAT PRINCIPALS DO DIFFERENTLY
Todd Whitaker
Personal Rating: 4.75/5
Yearly Count: 31


This morning I remembered I had this tucked away, so I picked it up and read it. I think many fans of Todd Whitaker would agree with me that someone should survey his readers and write a book titled: WHAT GREAT AUTHORS DO DIFFERENTLY. He does an excellent job with citing examples and explanations. He makes you want to jump up and begin implementing the ideas shared ... very inspiring!

Even though it's a relatively short book, it is packed with very valuable and pertinent information that can serve as a reminder to current principals or as a guide for the principal wannabees. Once again, another success by Mr. Whitaker!

3 comments:

  1. I think my son's principal could stand to read this book, if it's any good. We had a terrific HS principal, but he retired. The new one is not so wonderful. I've been trying to figure out what's different about her and I think it's partly to do with the fact that the old principal was so ever-present. He went to every athletic event humanly possible - including swim meets. And, there wasn't a lot of silly punishment; he stuck to punishing bad behavior instead of untucked shirts (although he made sure everyone obeyed the dress code). Okay, I'm figuring it out, while writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Ottinger ~ Oh! You decided to make a go of it. I'll stop by and see what it's all about.

    Bookfool ~ I thought it was great. :) It's so interesting how a principal's presence makes such a difference. Just being visible shows they care for the students.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!