Tuesday, July 31, 2007

RESTITUTION
Lee Vance
Personal Rating: 3/5
Yearly Count: 65




Vance's debut thriller didn't quite make the high marks for me. The plot took a dive about 2/3 of the way through, but then picked back up again, all to sink on the final page. Bummer.

The plot, unfortunately, revolved around the financial industry which isn't a preferred reading topic of mine, so when the plot turned to business transactions ... I checked out. There were some twists and turns throughout that were done well, but I never really made any strong connections to the characters, which is key, ultimately making this a "just okay" read. I think his writing has potential, but at this point, it would solely depend upon the plot as to whether I would read another by this author.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it wasn't as good as you had hoped, Joy. I haven't heard of this book before or the author. Maybe he'll do better with the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:57 PM

    Hmm, it sounds interesting to me, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Literary Feline ~ I'm hoping so because I think he's got the talent.

    Carrie K ~ It's got some good reviews. You may really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:24 PM

    Or I may not. I finished it - the finanacial industry was an interesting twist but honestly the characters all seemed to be not only two dimensional but would flip - sometimes during a single conversation - to an entirely opposite persona. The hero seemed....well, hackneyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie K ~ "Two dimensional" characters you say... that's probably why I didn't make any connections! :) I only read this a month ago and I don't remember much. That says a lot. Sorry you didn't like it more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!