Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'M NOT SCARED
Niccolo Ammaniti
Personal Rating: 3.25/5
Yearly Count: 73



And . . . I'm not happy. What a disappointing ending! This book was a quick read about a nine year old that physically discovers a massive secret that is forever life-changing. It's an interesting and compelling read that has several peaks, but for me the climatic ending was somewhat predictable and not tidy. As the finale was approaching, I felt primed for a fabulous climax. With every turned page, I was thinking I was going to be wowed. Unfortunately, the wowing never happened. I was let down and that makes for a sad me.

The good news is someone else thoroughly LOVED this book. She shares a lot about it in her post, so if you're interested, check out the link below.

*Recommended By: Reading Matters

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear the ending flopped for you, Joy. I haven't yet read this one. It's on my wishlist though so perhaps someday I'll end up reading it. At least you enjoyed most of the book, right? Although, I know what a difference the ending can make . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely intrigued after reading your's and Kimbofo's reviews. Have you read Boy in the Striped Pajamas? I'm interested in how you would compare it with I'm Not Scared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Literary Feline ~ Yes, I was enjoying the book, a lot. I think that's why the ending made it such a bummer.

    Booklogged ~ No, I haven't read ...Striped PJs. I don't think I'm interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:11 PM

    The Club Dumas by Arthur Perez-Reverte's ending struck me the same way. (Yeah, vastly different styles of books, but that let down feeling - it could've been so much more! strikes all forms, no?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you posted a link to another review. It's nice to read more than one opinion! I'll have to do that, in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie K ~ Yes, unfortunately, it does.

    Bookfool ~ I'm glad you found that useful. I didn't want everybody being stuck on my opinion when I knew she loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!