Sunday, September 16, 2007

Book Awards Reading Challenge (Newbery)

NUMBER THE STARS
Lois Lowry
Personal Rating: 4.25/5
Yearly Count: 85




This story is told through the eyes of Annemarie, a 10-year-old Danish girl. She lives in a town that has been occupied by the Nazis and must learn how to cope with them invading her life and the lives of those in her community. It reads as a book about friendship, but is filled with so much more.

Lois Lowry does a fabulous job of realistically portraying this time period from the eyes of a child. At the end of the book, she shares what parts of the story are fiction and non-fiction, which was very informative and pertinent to the book.

4 comments:

  1. This book had such a huge impact on me when I read it for the first time (I think in 4th or 5th grade). I would love to revist it some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this book! It is one of the very few books that line my baby's nursery bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite Newbery Award books - and there are so many I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish ~ I can imagine!

    Myutopia ~ It's a good one to own.

    Booklogged ~ It is one of my favorites, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!