Sunday, September 16, 2007

TBR Challenge

A CAN OF PEAS
Traci DePree
Personal Rating: 3.5/5
Yearly Count: 84



Unbeknownst to me (until I needed the book image), I discovered that this is the first in a series! I had NO CLUE! Well, it's another to add onto my Current Series Status blog.

This book reminded me of all the years I spent reading only Christian novels, which was a very peaceful, sweet time in my life. I thought it had a creative, yet realistic cast of characters, a good storyline, but (not in a sarcastic way) it was simple. I did connect with the book on many levels and did enjoy the read; however, the common every day happenings didn't captivate me. Everything was right on target with the farming life - slow.

In the end, visiting the town of Lake Emily was very pleasant. It's not a place I'd like to live, but another visit would certainly be welcomed. Someday, when I need a vacation, I will pick up the second in the series titled Dandelions in a Jelly Jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. :)

I hope you have a great day and ...
Happy Reading!